Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink CD (album) cover

Canterbury Scene

4 stars I remember buying "Grey and Pink" back in '71 'cos I thought the album cover was so cool. Then I listened to the music and I was blown away by it. For about 3 years I played it non- stop. Never got to see the band and never bought another Caravan album. The musicanmanship is really ace for a band of that era. especially Richard Sinclair's bass playing - miles ahead of it's time - some really good bass line's. I can't single out anything - yeah "Golf Girl" is a bit naff but, hey, they were having fun too. "Nine feet" is, of course , a classic of it's time - forget the influences - it's a work of prog genius, not to have been repeated except possibly on SM's "Third" (also a master of it's time). A year ago I bought the CD (the LP was well worn out) and I've been blow away all over again.
| 4/5 |