Supertramp - Crime Of The Century CD (album) cover

CRIME OF THE CENTURY

Supertramp

JeanFrame
3 stars I quite like Supertramp, but sometimes I wonder why. They don't write enough good songs, but they wrote two beauties, one of which, Dreamer, is here. I personally would buy the album for that song alone with its outstanding vocals and cheeky Wurlitzer piano. This is a nice album though, a good concept, and an album-of-its-time cover that works a treat.

I definitely don't grudge them this success, but I don't think they had enough going for them to sustain a long-term or deep-seated career. The playing was pretty good, but not outstanding, and sometimes there was an ordinariness about it all, something unexciting. But as I said, I always smile when I hear those two songs, and when I hear the name Supertramp, I immediately begin mentally humming Dreamer. 3 stars seems a fair enough trade for that.

JeanFrame | 3/5 |