Supertramp - Breakfast in America CD (album) cover

BREAKFAST IN AMERICA

Supertramp

Antonio Giacomin
3 stars The most successful Supertramp album; although it was not their best rated here in progarchieves. And this sentence summarizes everything, doesn´t it ?

Here in Breakfast in America, the poppy approaching that weakened Even in the Quietest Moments got even more importance. They were well succeeded in their job and the album sold like hell. But to proggy ears things are not so intense, and I know many guys that even do not consider this a progressive work. I do not disagree with them, but even so I can have some good feelings about BIA.

Even with its pop side, songs here are very well crafted. Some of them turned into memorable songs like Goodbye Stranger, Take the Long Way Home or The Logical Song. Together with other ones (there are no weak songs here), they turn the listening of this album a very pleasant experience; this is undeniable.

One last comment to reinforce the three stars I rated here: We have a final closing for Breakfast in America which demands everyone´s attention here. The very good progressive song Child Of Vision closes with a golden key one of my most appreciated pop/prog albums?

Antonio Giacomin | 3/5 |