Supertramp - Crime Of The Century CD (album) cover

CRIME OF THE CENTURY

Supertramp

Antonio Giacomin
5 stars This is Supertrampīs peak. New changes in musicians, now we have Bob Siebenberg in drums, John Anthony Helliwell in wind instruments and Dougie Thomson on bass. A lot was already told about this album, but I think its main quality is the way a crossover group, being very close to pop stuff, recorded such a memorable album which is very well regarded by prog community.

Compositions are very strong here. Two highlight in the extremes, School as an opener and Crime Of The Century as a closer. This last is an example of perfection in musical field; alone it could turn an album a masterpiece ! Two other songs reaches close to perfection, and they are Asylum and Rudy. If not for School, I would say Rick Daviesīs work surpassed Hodsonīs one; but we also have the strength of Hide In Your Shell for helping here. To say a little bit more about Roger, I may say I donīt know really what to think about Dreamer except it is extraordinarily funny and pleasant? but not intense.

I have no doubt in giving it a full five stars; it completely deserves it. No better production could be planned for this work, no better opening or closing song could be composed. Superb musicianship, perfect vocal duties interchange; all of this leads to a masterpiece to be tasted not only by progressive music fans; but to all music lovers that live among us?

Antonio Giacomin | 5/5 |