Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth CD (album) cover

NIGHTFALL IN MIDDLE-EARTH

Blind Guardian

arcane-beautiful
4 stars This seems to be their most critically claimed album, and to be honest I can kind of see why. But theirs one problem?it's not my favourite. I haven't heard a lot of Blind Guardian albums, but everyone assures me this is their best, but it's not to me.

My brother and me have a conflicting side with this, where he feels that this album is their best and I'm not the biggest fan of it, and I feel the same way about Imaginations.

This is a concept album, and it did make the album that little more enjoyable, and there are some songs on this which I feel are their best to date, but maybe its too much material. I mean this album is over an hour long, and the interludes, which I do make the album flow quite well, are a bit confusing at times, and you can't keep up with it. But besides that, it's a great metal album, and it is a classic album nonetheless.

1. War Of Wrath - Good intro. 9/10

2. Into The Storm - Epic with an amazing chorus. Great vocals. One of their best songs. 10/10

3. Lammoth - Quite noisy. 8/10

4. Nightfall - Such a beautiful song. The arrangement is amazing and Hansi's vocals show so much emotion. 10/10

5. The Minstrel - Quite plinky plonky and nice. 9/10

6. The Curse Of FŽanor - Again amazing vocals. Pretty interesting chorus. 8/10

7. Captured - Good interlude. 8/10

8. Blood Tears - Nice chorus and interesting arrangement. 9/10

9. Mirror Mirror - Very celtic. Great chorus. 9/10

10. Face The Truth - Another interlude. 8/10

11. Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns) - Pretty interesting arrangement. One of their most proggiest moments. 9/10

12. Battle Of Sudden Flame - Another Celtic song. 9/10

17. Nom The Wise - Interlude?blah blah blah. 8/10

18. When Sorrow Sang - Fast and melodic. Pure Blind Guardian really. 10/10

19. Out On The Water - Oh look, another interlude. 8/10

20. The Steadfast - Dramatic dialogue. 9/10

21. A Dark Passage - Quite symphonic. Epic as hell and very interesting indeed. 10/10

22. Final Chapter (Ends Thus?) - And so the album ends with what the album is mainly made of?.INTERLUDES!

CONCLUSION: I think I need to give this another listen, but at the moment?It's great basically haha.

arcane-beautiful | 4/5 |