Blind Guardian - Tales from the Twilight World CD (album) cover

Blind Guardian

Yes this is true, it seems that these guys where the ones that gave power metal that edge it needed, whenever the speed element became more melodic and "powerfull".

This album is an interesting one, cause it really showed what Blind Guardian where to become.

As an album...yea its just classic metal at its best really, I wouldn't say it's perfect, their are moments where I'm thinking "meh", but to be honest, as a third album, with a band still trying to signify their sound, its pretty damn good.

The album also has a bit of a concept, where the songs seemed to be based on fantasy and other typed of literature, which was pretty cool.

1. Traveler In Time - Fast & frantic as hell. Great lyrics and a catchy chorus. 10/10

2. Welcome To Dying - Vicious speed. Good build up throughout. 8/10

3. Weird Dreams - Pretty interesting instrumental with some discordant parts. 9/10

4. Lord Of The Rings - The folky song. Great chorus & interesting arrangement. 9/10

5. Goodbye My Friend - Great chorus. Cool gang vocals. 8/10

6. Lost In The Twilight - Very interesting moments. Good chorus. Kai's vocals are amazing. Great instrumental work. 9/10

7. Tommyknockers - Weird but great chorus. The arrangement is also amazing. 10/10

8. Altair 4 - Odd little thing showing alot of progression. 8/10

9. The Last Candle - The first real epic Blind Guardian song with a big big chorus. Great closer. 10/10

CONCLUSION: I think this album plays an important part in the history of metal...or maybe I'm just mental.

arcane-beautiful | 4/5 |