Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear CD (album) cover

SCRIPT FOR A JESTER'S TEAR

Marillion

Prog Geo
5 stars A great debut album!I love it!It's so miserable and depressing.But there are ironic and angry moments(Garden Party and Forgotten sons).This album has mature playing,wonderful compositions and superb emotional vocals by Fish which can make you cry.I adore the melancholic guitar melodies of Rothery and the bass playing of Trewavas especially here.

The artwork is splendid!I like very much the covers of Mark Wilkinson.It describes perfectly the concept of the album.

My favorite tracks are:Script for a jester's tear(sad beginning!The lyric"I'm losing on the swings.I'm losing on the roundabouts"is awesome),He knows,you know(anti-drug track,"Problems problems"!),The web(emotional and decisive spirit,0:36-1:32(incredible sentimental moment)) and Chelsea Monday(misery,wonderful bass introduction)

It doesn't need to say anything.Appropriate for all listeners!One of the must-have Marillion albums.

My grade:9/10