Lucifer's Friend - I'm Just A Rock'n'Roll Singer CD (album) cover

I'M JUST A ROCK'N'ROLL SINGER

Lucifer's Friend

ZowieZiggy
2 stars From their excellent debut album to this "Rock 'n Roll Singe" stuff, only four years has passed. But gosh! What a difference between these two works. I wonder how some fellow reviewers can find anything prog in here.

This album is just pure AOR, which means poor to my ears.

I can hardly find one interesting song to outline: no highlight at all, unfortunately. The bluesy- gospel "Closed Curtains" is rather disgusting to say the least. Gosh! What is this? I guess that this can only be experienced while you try to review a whole band's discography. Shame on me! Actually not: shame on them!

The great and heavy prog experiences from their debut are alien from this album: at least this is my opinion. Some good guitar during "Born On The Run" is probably the best of your experience on this work? And it is not the jazzy "Blind Freedom that will change my mind about this album. The title track is just a below average rock'n'roll song. Poor it is ?

To keep a long story short: this album is useless (apart some excellent guitar breaks) and no prog lover should worry about this poor offering. Their debut album was great: let's remember that. This rock'n'roll stuff is just below average and the closing "Song For Louie" saves the bill for this album.

This is the only prog moment that you can expect. Dark and tenebrous: the middle and instrumental portion is extremely good and scary. As if some other band was in charge of this short section?

Still, only two stars for this flat work.

ZowieZiggy | 2/5 |