I'M JUST A ROCK'N'ROLL SINGER

Good, but non-essential

Buy LUCIFER'S FRIEND Music
Studio Album, released in 1974

1. Groovin' Stone (5:18)
2. Closed Curtains (6:02)
3. Born on the Run (3:51)
4. Blind Freedom (6:24)
5. Rock 'N' Roll Singer (4:21)
6. Lonely City Days (4:58)
7. Mary's Breakdown (5:52)
8. Song for Louie (7:14)

- Peter Hesslein / guitar, backing vocals
- Joachim Reitenbach / drums
- Herbert Bornhold / percussion

1974 LP Billingsgate 1008 / 1997 CD Repertoire 7042 / 2002 CD Repertoire 7042

LUCIFER'S FRIEND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just A Rock'n'Roll Singer Music

LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer NM- BILLINGSGATE Orig. Prog LP USD $19.95 Buy It Now 12h 38m
LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer BILLINGSGATE LP NM wlp USD $8.00 [0 bids]
Lucifer's Friend I'M JUST A ROCK 'N' ROLL SINGER LP EX 1974 BILLINGSGATE BG-1008 USD $62.70 Buy It Now 3 days
Lucifer's Friend I'm Just a Rock n Roll Singer Billingsgate Records Psych LP EX USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
EX- !! Lucifer's Friend/I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer/1973 Billingsgate LP USD $71.38 Buy It Now 4 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just a Rock 'n' Roll Singer. Org.1974 Pressing LP NM / EX- USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lucifer's Friend I'm Just A Rock n Roll Singer LP NM- BG-1008 1974 WLP Promo USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LUCIFER'S_FRIEND_I'M_JUST_A_ROCK_N_ROLL_SINGER_1974_BILLINGSGATE_BG1008_VINYL_LP USD $30.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Lucifer's Friend-I'm Just A Rock 'n' Roll Singer 1974 Billingsgate 1008 VG+/NM! USD $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND~I'M JUST A ROCK N ROLL SINGER~NM~EVERYBODY'S CLOWN~~ ROCK 45 USD $16.99 Buy It Now 8 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - I'm Just a Rock N Roll Singer 1974 HARD ROCK HEAVY PROG (LP) USD $13.50 Buy It Now 9 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND i'm just a rock n roll singer LP VG+ BG-1008 WLP Promo 1974 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 13 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - I'm Just a Rock N Roll Singer 1974 HARD ROCK HEAVY PROG (Lp) USD $24.99 Buy It Now 13 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just a Rock n Roll Singer LP Billingsgate 1008 Record EX USD $10.95 Buy It Now 13 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer LP (Billingsgate BG-1008, 1974) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 14 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND - I'M JUST A ROCK 'N' ROLL SINGER - BILLINGSGAT USD $6.50 Buy It Now 16 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer 1974 LP Album Record Vinyl PROMO USD $21.24 Buy It Now 19 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just a Rock 'N' Roll Singer LP BILLINGSGATE BG-1008 1974 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Lucifer's Friend I'm Just A Rock 'n' Roll Singer SEALED USA 1974 1ST PRESS LP USD $59.99 Buy It Now 19 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer/Everybody's Clown 45 PSYCH PROG USD $11.99 Buy It Now 21 days
LUCIFER'S FRIEND NM- I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer LP USD $19.51 Buy It Now 22 days
Lucifer's Friend I'm Just A Rock n Roll Singer LP NM BG-1008 1974 WLP shrink USD $49.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Lucifer's Friend/I'm Just A Rock'n' Roll Singer/LP vinyl record/vg+ USD $21.99 Buy It Now 27 days
I'm Just A Rock 'n' Roll Singer Lucifer's Friend~RARE WLP Promo~1974 Prog-Rock USD $30.55 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy LUCIFER'S FRIEND music online Buy LUCIFER'S FRIEND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LUCIFER'S FRIEND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just A Rock'n'Roll Singer ratings distribution

LUCIFER'S FRIEND I'm Just A Rock'n'Roll Singer reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Again, it's a pity that no one has ever reviewed this album. During my childhood in mid seventies, I was familiar with the two previous albums of the band "Lucifer's Friend" and "... Where the Groupies Killed the Blues". Excellent! I got this album just 5 years ago, approximately. This album is excellent. Don't worry about the title, the content has a lot of prog music. "Grooving Stone" and "Closed Curtains" is are straight hard rock tracks. Both are excellent. "Closed Curtains" has a blues rock influence and excellent guitar sound at the end of the track.

"Born on the Run" is a prog music with jazz and blues influence in its music. If you have a chance to listen to this track, observe the beauty of bass guitar sound excellently played by Dieter Horns. I think he is one of the best bass players in the world! The other interesting thing of this track is the guitar sound at the background while Lawton is singing. It's cool .

"Blind Freedom" is completely a prog track. It has a very beautiful melody and sung perfectly by Lawton with great backing vocals as well. Again, you may observe Dieter Horns bass playing that "walks the melody". The addition of flute-like keyboard sound at background has enriched this composition. This track is also heavily influenced by jazz. There is a nice brass section as well.

"Rock 'N' Roll Singer" is a straight rock music with brass section. "Lonely City Days" is a slow tempo track with a nice acoustic guitar and great lead guitar at the end of the track. In "Mary's Breakdown" you may observe how guitar and bass played nicely. That's what I like about the band. Observe also how Lawton sings in higher tone. It's a medium tempo kind of music but it's nice. The album concludes with "Song for Louie" that has good piano intro and vocals.

LUCIFER'S FRIEND is band that has its own identity. Their music is original. I can hardly find any influence of other prog band in their music. This album is worth for collection. BUY THE CD!

What do you think? - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars From Heavy Metal to Rock 'N' Roll?

Lucifer's Friend were never content to stay within one musical style, but always preferred to move on to new territories with each subsequent album. While the Metal purist's interest in Lucifer's Friend is restricted to the band's two first albums, more open minded listeners will do well to dig a little bit deeper.

The difference in sound between this and the previous two albums is striking. The dark and heavy approach is left behind here in favour of a more Hard Rock and Rock 'N' Roll style, but still with many progressive aspects. Even the lyrics are considerably more lighthearted. It is fair to say that the present disc is a transitional album between the brilliant, progressive Heavy Metal of Where The Groupies Killed The Blues and the all out Prog Rock (but no longer Metal at all) of Banquet. But while Banquet is an absolutely essential album for any fan of Progressive Rock, I'm Just A Rock 'N' Roll Singer is not essential for anyone apart from fans of this underrated band. However, there are some very good songs here too and the production values are clearly higher.

Needless to say, this album is not the best place to start with Lucifer's Friend. Metal fans should begin with the excellent Where The Groupies Killed The Blues and the self-titled debut and Prog fans should begin with Banquet.

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars From their excellent debut album to this "Rock 'n Roll Singe" stuff, only four years has passed. But gosh! What a difference between these two works. I wonder how some fellow reviewers can find anything prog in here.

This album is just pure AOR, which means poor to my ears.

I can hardly find one interesting song to outline: no highlight at all, unfortunately. The bluesy- gospel "Closed Curtains" is rather disgusting to say the least. Gosh! What is this? I guess that this can only be experienced while you try to review a whole band's discography. Shame on me! Actually not: shame on them!

The great and heavy prog experiences from their debut are alien from this album: at least this is my opinion. Some good guitar during "Born On The Run" is probably the best of your experience on this work? And it is not the jazzy "Blind Freedom that will change my mind about this album. The title track is just a below average rock'n'roll song. Poor it is ?

To keep a long story short: this album is useless (apart some excellent guitar breaks) and no prog lover should worry about this poor offering. Their debut album was great: let's remember that. This rock'n'roll stuff is just below average and the closing "Song For Louie" saves the bill for this album.

This is the only prog moment that you can expect. Dark and tenebrous: the middle and instrumental portion is extremely good and scary. As if some other band was in charge of this short section?

Still, only two stars for this flat work.

Post a review of LUCIFER'S FRIEND "I'm Just A Rock'n'Roll Singer"