The Decemberists - The King Is Dead CD (album) cover

The Decemberists

Prog Folk

1 stars I'll be short about this one. Wether you loved the Decemberists' more proggy side in "The Hazards of Love," or their more indie-rock albums before that, this album is crap.

Going the way of Wilco, the decemberists have decided that the time is right to throw some of their artsy pretense aside and make dad-rock. Unlike Wilco, they have no idea how to do that. This album is forty minutes of inmemorable jangling riffs and bored melodies. There isn't even any dynamics on it.

I'd recommend it to fans of the Decemberists only, but I honestly can't. I loved their previous albums, I listen to indie rock a lot more than I listen to prog, and this is just a worthless album.

Cayafas | 1/5 |