Jethro Tull - Aqualung CD (album) cover

AQUALUNG

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

voliveira
3 stars "Sitting on a park bench eyeing little girls with bad intent.Snot is running down his nose greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes. Hey Aqualung! "

This was my second foray into Jethro Tull, after the magnificent masterpiece "Thick Is A Brick. " I must admit I was a little disappointed, but this is still a good album, mainly because of its title track, which is fantastic.

Legend has it that, while Jethro Tull recorded a song in the studio, Zeppelin was recording in the studio at this lado.Barre Martin commented:

"The only thing I remember about cutting the ground is that Led Zeppelin was recording next door, and as I was playing Jimmy Page entered the control room and waved at me. As I do not I stop playing I do not know, but I moved on in some way. "

If this is true or not,not matter.The fact is that this song is arguably fantastic.The rest of the album is less interesting (although the second song, "Cross-eyed Mary", has quality), but good to hear.

Although Ian Anderson refute this idea, I might consider this album as semi-conceitual, since each song on side A case of a character on the B side específico.enquanto that the songs are, in the words of Anderson, "pro-God but anti-church. "

3.5 stars.