Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

5 stars Review #9 Pink Floyd 1975 WIsh You Were Here

I don't think I am on my own in stating that this is Floyd's finest moment. There has been a lot written about this album and how it is many people's favourite.

From the opening "Shine on You Crazy Diamond (pts 1-5)", then "Welcome to the Machine" through to my all time fave PF track "Have a Cigar"....which is strange seeing Roy Harper takes the lead vocal but that guitar from Gilmour is bewildering in its freneticness. Then the title track and finally "Shine on You Crazy Diamond (pts 6-9)". Whoa...and it just does not sound dated even when I listen to it now in the twenty-tens.

Maybe not as progressive as other albums such as those released by the likes of Gentle Giant, Yes or King Crimson but to these ears it is pure genius.

BarryGlibb | 5/5 |