Leb I Sol - Tangenta CD (album) cover

TANGENTA

Leb I Sol

Seyo
3 stars Unfortunately, a creative come back of "Kalabalak" did not last long: "Tangenta" is again a mediocre effort and I always had a problem with this album.

Canterbury legend Kevin Ayers was brought in as a producer but his slick production and electronic-synthesized percussion was only partially successful! It seems always when Stefanovski decided to include more vocal tracks with lyrics they fail to deliver a really strong album in prog standards and this is not exception. Of five vocal songs only the radio hit "Kontakt je skup" and nice ballad "Laku noc" are good songs, while the remaining stuff is trenched in adult contemporary, mainstream rock sound.

Four instrumentals are good with some really awesome guitar effects in "30 minuta do kuce" and "Pretposlednji Waltz" while Arsovski' bass delivers nice leading lines in "Shoes for Joanna" and "Tumba tumba". The latter even contains some heavy Zeppelin-like guitar riffs. Additional synth keyboards of Lazo Ristovski did not contribute much to the music, except few effective synth-flute emulation in "Pretposlednji Waltz".

In retrospect, "Tangenta" was the last studio album by LEB I SOL that contained instrumental tracks with memorable guitar sound of Stefanovski - the following works would rely heavily on vocal parts - and although not on par with early works it may be recommended for an occasional spin here and there...

PERSONAL RATING: 2,5/5