Marillion - Brave CD (album) cover

BRAVE

Marillion

voliveira
4 stars I'm beginning to think that I like Marillion with Hogarth than Fish (please do not Thrash fans of Fish). This concept album, "Brave" is a thousand times better than "Script for a jester tear" and is along with "Misplaced childhood". The story of the album is dark, and its music in general also.The sound here is more symphonic and less neo-prog.

Best tracks here are the mini-epic "Goodbye to all that ", "Hard to Love " and "Alone again into the lap of luxury" (this is perhaps my favorite of all I've ever heard of Marillion), as they stand on the other (which are also good).

Overall this is a positive effort of the band, the reward for 18 months (!) labor to produce them.

voliveira | 4/5 |