Marillion - Recital Of The Script  CD (album) cover

RECITAL OF THE SCRIPT

Marillion

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
4 stars I beg to differ with the five stars ratings above and below. Had this release a correc t sound , than for sure that 5 * would apply entirely. However , the sound is still as crappy as it was on the old VHS release.

I am not a great Marillion fan , but I love their debut album and this concert is really a must for Fish-era Marillion . The images are fine , cameras are numerous , and the track list superb and essential. Pleasure to see that Marillion attracted such big crowds (a packed Hammermith) in those years. Just amazing how poor the sound recording was. The slow/calmer passages are fine but as soon as the bands kicked in , the system over- saturated. I think I did better with a Walkman in those years.

All in all , a must for Marillion fans but that sound is sometimes just atrocious.

Sean Trane | 4/5 |