Leb I Sol - Kao Kakao CD (album) cover

Leb I Sol

4 stars This is Leb I Sol's most succesful album from the 80's. It became a great hit in Yugoslavia, specially songs like the title song, "Cuvam noc od budnih", "Cekam kisu" and "Mamurni ljudi". There are jazz and folk influences, notably in "Cekam kisu" which opens with the sound of Scottish pipes (played by a Scottish musician of course!) and "Mamurni ljudi", which contains one of Vlatko Stefanovski's best jazz solos and is one of their best songs. "Femme fatale" is a cooperation with Arsen Dedic, the great lyricist and composer from Croatia. With words from Dedic and music from Stefanovski it is a truly memorable song.

This album deals with urban themes such as love, midlife crisis and loneliness (like in "Cuvam noc od budnih"). Almost every song is a potential hit. This is the album where Stefanovski assumed almost full creative control, giving Bodan Arsovski only one songwriting credit, on "Autoput" which is perhaps the weakest song here. A notable work from one of the ultimate Yugoslav bands.

Aranarth | 4/5 |