KAO KAKAO

Studio Album, released in 1987

1. Mamurni ljudi (4:23)
2. Kao kakao (4:16)
3. Femme fatale (4:08)
4. Cuvam noc od budnih (5:41)
5. Kriza tridesetih (3:41)
6. Autoput (4:18)

- Bodan Arsovski / bass

With:
- Goce Micanov / saxophone
- Kiril Dzajkovski / keyboards

LP Jugoton LSY 63264 (1987 Yugoslavia)

Thanks to seyo for the addition
and to seyo for the last updates

LEB I SOL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LEB I SOL Kao Kakao Music

Leb I Sol 2Leb I Sol 2
Imports 2014
Leb I SolLeb I Sol
Imports 2014
NIKOLA DIMUSHEVSKI ex LEB I SOL live MACEDONIAN 1995 CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LEB I SOL live in New York YUGOSLAVIAN 1991 jazz/rock/etno CASSETTE US $23.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LEB I SOL 2 ethno Yugoslav jazz rock PRESSING 1979 VG/EX US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
LEB I SOL SAME FANTASTIC EX YUGOSLAV PRESSING ETHNO JAZZ ROCK 1978 VG-/EX US $32.00 Buy It Now 3 days
LEB I SOL KAO KAKAO ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV 1ST PRESSING 1987 EX/NM- US $34.00 Buy It Now 3 days
3 FORMER YUGOSLAVIAN PROGRESSIVE CD' S LOTGSMAK.REZONANSA.LEB I SOL.FREE SHIPPIN US $23.99 Buy It Now 4 days
NIKOLA DIMUSHEVSKI ex LEB I SOL/double life RARE MACEDONIAN 1993 CD US $28.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LEB I SOL FIRST LP EX RARE YUGO RARE FUSION JAZZ ROCK Smak, Indexi, Time US $35.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LEB I SOL KALABALAK VG LP YUGO JAZZROCK FUSION Izvir Oko Smak Yugoslav US $20.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LEB I SOL - Rucni Rad rare prog rock fusion jazz rock LP US $39.50 Buy It Now 7 days
LEB I SOL - Kao Kakao jazz rock ethno fusion LP Jugoton inner sleeve EX US $32.00 Buy It Now 7 days
LEB I SOL TANGENTA FANTSTIC YUGOSLAV JAZZ FOLK ROCK ORIGIN 1ST PRESS1984 EX-/EX US $35.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Leb-I-Sol - Con Briorubato - Basic Beat - 1995 #30935 US $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
LEB I SOL PUTUJEMO ORIGINAL EX YUGOSLAV 1ST PRESS JAZZ ROCK 1989 EX-/EX US $26.00 Buy It Now 8 days
LEB I SOL"2 ZLATNA"PROG FUSION JAZZ ROCK YUGOSLAVIA LP MINT US $45.00 Buy It Now 12 days
LEB I SOL AKUSTICNA TRAUMA ETHNO JAZZ EXYUGOSLAV 2LP US $74.99 Buy It Now 14 days
LEB I SOL KALABALAK FUSION JAZZ ROCK EXYUGOSLAV LP US $40.99 Buy It Now 14 days
LEB I SOL S/T ETHNO JAZZ STEFANOVSKI EXYUGOSLAV LP US $74.99 Buy It Now 14 days
4 YUGOSLAVIAN ROCK PROG. FUSION.CASSETES LOT.R.CORBA.LEB I SOL..SMAK..FREE SHIP. US $17.99 Buy It Now 14 days
3 FORMER YUGOSLAVIAN ROCK FUSION CASSETTES LOT.VIKTORIJA.LEB I SOL.FREE SHIPPING US $13.99 Buy It Now 14 days
4 FORMER YUGOSLAVIAN ROCK..ALTER ROCK. CASSETTES.LEB I SOL.B.LEFT..FREE SHIPPING US $15.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Vlatko Stefanovski ( Leb i Sol) ?- 3 Summer Days CD limited/ sealed MINT US $14.00 Buy It Now 16 days
OMLADINA V/A INDEXI LEB I SOL JAZZ FUSION FUNK EXYU 2LP US $122.99 Buy It Now 17 days
LEB I SOL - (?) !!! EXTRA RARE YUGO JAZZ - ROCK FUSION !!! US $29.90 Buy It Now 19 days
LEB I SOL - AKUSTICNA TRAUMA Live Yugo Fusion Ethno Jazz Prog 2xLP Vinyl 12" US $39.90 Buy It Now 24 days
LEB I SOL-KAO KAKAO-YUGOSLAV CASSETTE TAPE 1987-YUGOSLAV JAZZ-ROCK-FOLK US $10.00 Buy It Now 24 days
VLATKO STEFANOVSKI - COWBOYS & INDIANS.LEB I SOL..FUSION.JAZZ ROCK.FREE SHIPPING US $15.99 Buy It Now 24 days
LEB I SOL 1979 RARE UNIQUE EXYU CASSETTE TAPE ROCK JAZZ US $28.69 Buy It Now 25 days
Damage Vol76 RARE NEW CD Buzzcocks LEMONHEADS PJ Harvey JOI Leb i Sol CAKE Dink US $8.49 Buy It Now 26 days
LEB I SOL SLEDOVANJE RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAVIA JAZZ ROCK 1ST PRESS 1981 VG+/EX US $18.00 Buy It Now 26 days
LEB I SOL BESKONACNO RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAVIA JAZZ ROCK 1ST PRESS 1981 VG/EX- US $18.00 Buy It Now 26 days
LEB I SOL"SREBRANA" PROG FUSION JAZZ ROCK YUGOSLAVIA LP MINT US $35.00 Buy It Now 26 days
LEB I SOL NIE CETVORICATA 78'PROG WHITE LABEL EXYU 7"PS US $20.49 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy LEB I SOL music online Buy LEB I SOL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LEB I SOL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LEB I SOL Kao Kakao ratings distribution

LEB I SOL Kao Kakao reviews

Review by Seyo
3 stars This album was a major commercial success of LEB i SOL.

In 1986 the original drummer Tavitijan returned to the group while the line-up was augmented by a full-time sax player Goce Micanov and a keyboardist Kiril Dzajkovski, with female back vocals Bebi Dol and Ana Kostovska. They (meaning: Stefanovski) decided, however, to change the style completely, abandoning the jazz/prog elements in favour of mainstream pop/rock with slick production (Stefanovski, Arsovski and B. Zafirovski) and sophisticated laid-back crossover sound, much like what Sting was doing then.

There are none instrumentals on "Kao kakao" (Eng. Like Cocoa), all 9 tracks are vocal, which is surely to disappoint old fans of their fusion virtuosity, knowing that the "singing" tracks had often been of lesser quality on the previous albums. This album can easily be listened by average wider public without much problems, but proggies...? It depends. You might be well bored to hell trying to listen to it, but equally you may enjoy its good production, non-pretentious pop songs and decent playing.

There are several plain dull songs, a fruitless attempt at basic rock'n'roll with some terrible arena/metal guitar riffs and choruses (a la Bon Jovi) supported by those annoying synths, which I simply love to hate. Good moments are two smooth ballads "Femme Fatale" and "Cuvam noc od budnih", a catchy Macedonian lyrics/party hit "Skopje" and the closing Celtic/ambient "Cekam kisu" with bagpipes (guest Ronnie Wathen) having a sensation of Gabriel solo albums.

Overall this would be around 2,5 stars! Not recommended for exclusively prog orthodoxy.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#39744) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 18, 2005

Review by clarke2001
3 stars Well, basically, this album consists of 80's-style-guitar driven pop, with catchy choruses and occasional spices of prog.

Like the most bends that started their careers in 70's and continued in 80's, LEB I SOL got two sides: 70's progressive and 80's pop. This was the biggest success of band in the 80's and actually it is not that bad, especially considering the fact that was released in 1987. Many big names have fallen much deeper that year.

I have to admit that this album was one of my favourites when I was a kid, I just loved the tunes. Now I am able to appreciate the other side, so let's see the highlights if there's any:

"Cekam Kisu" (I'm Waiting For The Rain) is definitely the peak of the album, and basically it's only track of interest for a prog fan. As you can imagine, it's not prog for the sake of being prog since that genre wasn't popular any more in that are. Therefore, it's an excellent tune where the soundscapes are giving the lively description of heat, dry earth, with counterpoint on criticism of society, implicitly referred in lyrics.

"Cuvam noc od budnih" is a lovely ballad with slightly jazzy overtones. "Autoput" is a simple rocker, but one of my favourite driving songs.

"Mamurni ljudi" and "Kao Kakao" are perhaps the best examples what this album is about. Pop tunes with skillful guitar parts. Maybe the best example for comparison is JETHRO TULL's "Crest Of A Knave". Don't get me wrong, these two albums do not have anything in common-considering the musical style or sound. But the ratio between "progressiveness" of the old albums and the mantioned onea is equal. High quality pop-tunes with proggy guitars. "Kao Kakao" lacks the flute, but it's more catchy.

Send comments to clarke2001 (BETA) | Report this review (#100011) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 23, 2006

4 stars This is Leb I Sol's most succesful album from the 80's. It became a great hit in Yugoslavia, specially songs like the title song, "Cuvam noc od budnih", "Cekam kisu" and "Mamurni ljudi". There are jazz and folk influences, notably in "Cekam kisu" which opens with the sound of Scottish pipes (play ... (read more)

Report this review (#39725) | Posted by Aranarth | Monday, July 18, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LEB I SOL "Kao Kakao"