Jethro Tull - A CD (album) cover

A

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

Lieven Van Paemel
3 stars I used to have the LP and was quite disapointed at the time. I recently purchased a new vinyl copy and I must say... Not bad at all!!!

It doesn't have the charm of "Stormwatch" and it has a couple of lesser tracks but overall I must say, after all these long years I'm actually glad I have it back.

What is clear from the start is what a fantastic bassplayer Fairport Convention man Dave Pegg is. He is doing beautiful things on the instrument here. Just listen to "And further on". He did equal things on some of Dan Ar Bras albums. I must say that this particular track reminds me a lot of "Flying Dutchman" from the previous album.

It is a much more varied album than eg "Too old to rock 'n' roll". A 3,5 really... I really am glad to have bought it again!!!

Lieven Van Paemel | 3/5 |