Cassiber - Perfect Worlds CD (album) cover

PERFECT WORLDS

Cassiber

RIO/Avant-Prog

MikeEnRegalia
4 stars This is a strange album ... I listened to it a lot more than ten years ago and had completely forgotten about it, and today I noticed that Cassiber are listed here.

Well, the whole album is telling a more or less coherent story, on the borderline between spoken words (partially German) with sound effects and music. It is done in a very artsy way, very avant-garde ... it reminds me of obscure Zappa tracks like "you call this music?", which are really probing how much tolerance the audience has.

Let me quote Kevin Gilbert: "Fuck 'em all, this is art". This is a really great - yet quite short - sound collage, recommended to fans of Henry Cow, Frank Zappa and anyone with a high tolerance level ...

MikeEnRegalia | 4/5 |