Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You CD (album) cover

IF I COULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN, I'D DO IT ALL OVER YOU

Caravan

Canterbury Scene

Dobermensch
3 stars These blokes could really lock into a groove, of that there's no doubt. But it's not as good as 'In the Land of Grey and Pink' by any stretch of the imagination.

The somewhat lifeless vocals of Pye Hastings rubs me up the wrong way. They're nice enough but they're so powder puff soft.

'As I Feel' cheers me up immensely - now this is more like it - Dave Sinclair's keyboards go 'tonto' reminding me very much of 'Egg' in their prime. A thoroughly uplifting tune which may remind some listeners of 'The Doors'

Damn! it's just all too NICE. Thats my big problem with this album. Stop being so friendly!!! 'Hello Hello' is my favourite song on this album - where everything comes together beautifully - the soft vocals, odd time signature, unusual tune and that superb keyboard that sounds like Rolf Harris's stylophone. If truth be told, this album's actually pretty good. I just wanted to kick lumps out of it but don't have the ammunition to do so. A good solid effort with special 'hats off' to Dave Sinclair.

I still prefer the follow up though.

Dobermensch | 3/5 |