Ars Nova (JAP) - The Goddess of Darkness CD (album) cover

THE GODDESS OF DARKNESS

Ars Nova (JAP)

1967/ 1976
3 stars I have Musea version and I admit that for who I know Ars Nova is a copy of The Nice/ ELP (P as Palmer, P as Powell)! And nothing more! "Kali - Demolition & Massacre" is not a normal song because this song not have melody but only a series of musical figures and it is a battle for a normal listener, as a pure ELP song, in my opinion. But Musea version have a diverse sequence of compositions (not present "Ainsel" but present "Isis") so it is difficult to judge this album because in real fact Made In Japan version is another album respect to Musea version. In my opinion Musea version is great, as a little gem if you are ELP fan.

"The Goddess Of Darkness" is an instrumental album, that is great also because is written and made by a female trio. But, in my last opinion, the similarity with ELP is the reason because i am not proper a fan of Ars Nova and because I think that Ars Nova killed ELP!

1967/ 1976 | 3/5 |