Floh De Cologne - Fliessbandbaby's Beat-Show CD (album) cover

FLIESSBANDBABY'S BEAT-SHOW

Floh De Cologne

Krautrock

Dobermensch
2 stars I actually thought this was pretty good the last time I heard it - being half asleep, semi conscious and unthinking in my bed around 2.00am. two weeks ago.

Hearing it in the cold light of day with a clear head makes me realise with terrible clarity that what I actually listened to is in fact a festering pile of old arse. I can only hope that such realisation only extends to the poorer bands of the ouvre and that I don't awake one morning to discover that ALL prog is terrible.

Clankily written, stodgily played and made on what sounds, a budget of 2 and a can of lager. The opening sounds like a 1944 war time casualty report which develops a nasty high pitched whine which will hurt if you suffer from Tinnitus.

I can never remember anything about "Fliessband Baby". Every time I hear it, it sounds fresh, by virtue of it being so forgettable. I'm currently despising the ineptitude so much that I'm seriously considering kicking in my Hi-Fi...

I'm usually a big fan of albums sung in German, but this one just annoys the hell out of me. The introduction of Donald Duck vocals half way through does nothing to improve my increasingly bad mood. Cheesy organ, nasally vocals (lots of them!), thin reedy bass and pedestrian guitars are pretty much all you get.

It's lucky to get 2 stars, and that's simply because I don't understand the lyrics - I get the impression they're Communist sympathisers by the small snippets that I do pick up on this very wordy cd. I'm sure that if I did understand them I'd fly off into a fit of rage.

A very amateurish and badly dated album by the so called 'pioneers' of Krautrock.

Dobermensch | 2/5 |