FLIESSBANDBABY'S BEAT-SHOW

- Dick Stadtler / bass
- Gerd Wollschon / vocals

LP Ohr OMM 56000 (1970)

Thanks to Philippe Blache for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

FLOH DE COLOGNE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FLOH DE COLOGNE Fliessbandbaby's Beat-Show Music

LP geyer-symphonie
CD profitgeier
LP profitgeier
~ USD $13.33
More places to buy FLOH DE COLOGNE music online Buy FLOH DE COLOGNE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FLOH DE COLOGNE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FLOH DE COLOGNE Fliessbandbaby's Beat-Show ratings distribution

FLOH DE COLOGNE Fliessbandbaby's Beat-Show reviews

Review by Dobermensch
2 stars I actually thought this was pretty good the last time I heard it - being half asleep, semi conscious and unthinking in my bed around 2.00am. two weeks ago.

Hearing it in the cold light of day with a clear head makes me realise with terrible clarity that what I actually listened to is in fact a festering pile of old arse. I can only hope that such realisation only extends to the poorer bands of the ouvre and that I don't awake one morning to discover that ALL prog is terrible.

Clankily written, stodgily played and made on what sounds, a budget of £2 and a can of lager. The opening sounds like a 1944 war time casualty report which develops a nasty high pitched whine which will hurt if you suffer from Tinnitus.

I can never remember anything about "Fliessband Baby". Every time I hear it, it sounds fresh, by virtue of it being so forgettable. I'm currently despising the ineptitude so much that I'm seriously considering kicking in my Hi-Fi...

I'm usually a big fan of albums sung in German, but this one just annoys the hell out of me. The introduction of Donald Duck vocals half way through does nothing to improve my increasingly bad mood. Cheesy organ, nasally vocals (lots of them!), thin reedy bass and pedestrian guitars are pretty much all you get.

It's lucky to get 2 stars, and that's simply because I don't understand the lyrics - I get the impression they're Communist sympathisers by the small snippets that I do pick up on this very wordy cd. I'm sure that if I did understand them I'd fly off into a fit of rage.

A very amateurish and badly dated album by the so called 'pioneers' of Krautrock.

4 stars Floh de Cologne's second record "Fliessbandbaby's Beat-Show" from 1970 is a strange album which craves an open minded listener to be enjoyed by. This is classified Krautrock, a genre I'm not convinced in but this form of music is great. It's easy to relate it to the left wing socialist music g ... (read more)

Report this review (#967647) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Friday, May 31, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars "Arbeit macht spass! Überstunden machen nog mehr spass!" (Labor makes happy! Working overtime makes even more happy!) Floh de Cologne is the primary example of the caberetesque part of the krautrock movement. The music is best compared with the Mothers of Invention and The Fugs for their cabe ... (read more)

Report this review (#938350) | Posted by the philosopher | Tuesday, April 02, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FLOH DE COLOGNE "Fliessbandbaby's Beat-Show"