Tangerine Dream - Zeit 'Largo In 4 Movements' CD (album) cover

ZEIT 'LARGO IN 4 MOVEMENTS'

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

Antonio Giacomin
2 stars First effort after Alpha Centauri; and first of all lacks the sense of innovation present in that work. But fortunately music here differs a lot, it is not a mere repetition of a formula used before; but it is also a music which is very difficult to be appreciated.

If we want to discuss Zeit, I may say that if we look all top ten albums on Progarchives, on one hand I cannot understand any reasonable logic in giving two or even less stars to any of those albums; but on the other hand I can face someone even considering this Zeit a masterpiece while his (her) neighbor judges it as a crap. It happens because it is so tough to get into, very hard to find beauty or musical pleasure under so much difficulties and weirdness.

Maybe a strong point in electronic progressive is right about this totally diverse approach each listener and music appreciator can direct to any album of this genre. I am rating this two stars, mainly because I did not get to put myself into it; and this is not a case of trying again, because this possibility has cleared ended for me. But I can also understand any other rating here, it depends on how intensely you dive on it. I only dismiss any thought about rating it one star because I see Tangerine Dream as a band of true artists searching riskily in the borders of a radical kind of music. It is like I almost present my excuses for this two stars rating; it is probably my fault, not albumī s one.

Antonio Giacomin | 2/5 |