Genesis - A History Of Genesis CD (album) cover

4 stars I have three Genesis documentaries: this one, a VH-1 "Behind The Music" history, and the DVD release "Genesis Songbook". In terms of Gabriel-era footage, this one is the clear winner. The other two share a lot of the same recent interview footage, but the interviews presented here were done in the late 80's. The "Genesis Songbook" (not yet added to the discography) is certainly worth having, since bonus features include background on the making of "Supper's Ready" and "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway". I watched each documentary in its entirety the first time, but now I hit "stop" after Steve Hackett leaves the band.... I'll keep watching this tape until an official Gabriel-era DVD arrives.
soundsweird | 4/5 |