Kansas - Monolith  CD (album) cover

2 stars Monolith is the album that marks the point where Kansas lost their creativity. All of the songs here were obviously meant to be radio hits, although the only song that I know of that actually was a hit is "People of the South Wind", which is actually one of the better tracks on this album. The songs are of decent length, and I hear some great motifs in the music that I always expect to become more developed, but soon after any of the tracks start to get interesting... they end. This is still above-par radio rock, which makes this good enough music. It just doesn't live up to any of the work that Kansas had done prior to this.
colorofmoney91 | 2/5 |