Saturnia - Muzak CD (album) cover

Indo-Prog/Raga Rock

1 stars I've listened to this album quite a few times over the past couple years, and I've come to the conclusion that I just don't quite "get it". I've never been a huge fan of music that was largely psychedelic at its base, but I gave this album a shot regardless.

My main gripe with Muzak by Saturnia is the lack of development in both the songs as individuals and the album as a whole. The songs just kind of drone and beat through their duration, often with touches of Indian music. I've also never been a fan of Indian music in general, so anything influenced by it is sure to leave a bad impression. There are a few nice sounding electronic elements present on this album, but that isn't enough for me to give this album more than one star, unfortunately. I tried really hard to enjoy this album and view it objectively, but I suppose this just isn't my cup of psychedelic curry.

colorofmoney91 | 1/5 |