MUZAK

4. Infinite Chord (6:01)
5. Analepsis (7:02)
6. Aqua (7:17)
7. Nipple (6:36)
8. Utterly Luminescent (4:35)
9. Hedge Maze (4:49)
10. Syrian (10:44)

Search SATURNIA Muzak lyrics

Search SATURNIA Muzak tabs

- Luis Simões / vocals, electric & acoustic guitar [picked, bowed and e-bowed], lap steel guitar, guitar pedals, acoustic sitar, tampura, bass, philicorda, Hammond organ, synthesizer, theremin, bisel flute, vibraphone, dulcimer harp, gong, chimes, sampled keyboards
- Francisco Rebelo / Rhodes electric piano (2)
- Daevid Allen / spoken word (10)
- Nik Turner / flute licks (2)
- João Alves / acoustic six string guitar (3), acoustic twelve string guitar (5)
- Flopi Simões / mid-section flute solo (2)

CD Elektrohasch Records (2007)

Thanks to Philip for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

SATURNIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SATURNIA Muzak Music

MuzakMuzak
Imports 2007
Muzak by SaturniaMuzak by Saturnia
Imports

More places to buy SATURNIA music online Buy SATURNIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SATURNIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SATURNIA Muzak ratings distribution

SATURNIA Muzak reviews

Review by colorofmoney91
1 stars I've listened to this album quite a few times over the past couple years, and I've come to the conclusion that I just don't quite "get it". I've never been a huge fan of music that was largely psychedelic at its base, but I gave this album a shot regardless.

My main gripe with Muzak by Saturnia is the lack of development in both the songs as individuals and the album as a whole. The songs just kind of drone and beat through their duration, often with touches of Indian music. I've also never been a fan of Indian music in general, so anything influenced by it is sure to leave a bad impression. There are a few nice sounding electronic elements present on this album, but that isn't enough for me to give this album more than one star, unfortunately. I tried really hard to enjoy this album and view it objectively, but I suppose this just isn't my cup of psychedelic curry.

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Neo Teams
3 stars "Muzak" is the fourth album of a Portuguese outfit SATURNIA, released in 2007. Realized mysterious addiction to magical, tribal sound dimension around this album, not only the sleeve (needless to say). Their soundscape can be defined as heavy, floating goblet drum stamps vouched by convoluted, hypno-driven rhythm showers. It's their mystic point and agonistic musical behaviour for us to get immersed in it definitely.

From the beginning of the first track "Mindrama", we can get risky, dangerous riffs and upbeat ballooning pumps. This repetitive melodic effect reminds me of some lectures by a religious organization, which attract persons mentally in trouble. The atmosphere turns over a spacey channel upon the following "Organza", featuring bongo's brilliant rhythm prints and mystic rites. Not only upon this stuff but also upon the fourth chord "infinite Chord", it's such an antagonist for pure "rock" fans enough to get kicked away, and should absorb some Indo / Raga fiends obviously. "Hedge Maze" sounds similar to the title itself ... tribe fire flying might be seen just in front of us. Via "Kite" or "Analapsis" soft, smooth spiritual experience is heard, but not difficult to realize ... some say "this just isn't my cup of psychedelic curry" though (sorry Alan :P) ... they've seasoned this spirit with catchy phrases, and this phenomenon should be heard through "Aqua" or their expectation "Nipple". One of their masterpieces in this album, launches simple dull hollow sounds flooded with internal psychic power, such a hallucinogenic agent, and pop essence. The last "Syrian", that might have anticipation of the current nation or the worldwide environment I imagine, possesses complex motivation of rhythm and melody mixes (maybe inspired by Daevid, a speaker in this track), and this should be appropriate as the last presentation revealed by them.

Recommended for psychedelic progressive rock freaks who hope to escape from the bustle of the current world, let me say.

Post a review of SATURNIA "Muzak"