Genesis - A Trick of the Tail CD (album) cover

A TRICK OF THE TAIL

Genesis

Seyo
3 stars A fine album that fails to captivate.

This is a very harmonized and effectively written post-Gabriel album, which is often celebrated among the Gabriel-era GENESIS fans and I can see why. A superb production and musicianship including the effective cover artwork and lyrics, with Collins singing lead almost "as good as Gabriel".

However it never appealed to me much and that's it. I cannot point at any obvious error or weakness, it just does not contain "something" which I could easily found in their earlier stuff. An overlooked gem is a gentle ballad "Entangled" by Banks/Hackett. A very good album though, which I hesitate to label "excellent" and I give 3,5 stars.

Seyo | 3/5 |