Renaissance - Faeries (Living At The Bottom Of My Garden) CD (album) cover

1 stars 2 tunes from CAMERA CAMERA in 1981. "Faeries (Living at the Bottom of My Garden)"- Ouch. This is bad. I mean REALLY bad! I guess I could sum it up as a combination of 80's new wave (Blondie?, Nena?) blended with a Buggles song. Disco-dance-new wave-twee-pop? Hard to believe a band that gave us such classics as "Mother Russia", "Can you Hear Me", "Midas Man", and "A Song for All Seasons" could spew out a disaster like this. Even for it's time period it's bad. "Remember"- an almost passable song here, but on a decent Renaissance album, this would have been a short filler song between epics. If you are a complete Renaissance fan, I guess you need this to complete your collection, but hide it behind other albums like NOVELLA or TURN OF THE CARDS. 1 star.
mohaveman | 1/5 |