We vs. Death - We Too Are Concerned / We Are Too Concerned CD (album) cover

WE TOO ARE CONCERNED / WE ARE TOO CONCERNED

We vs. Death

Post Rock/Math rock

colorofmoney91
3 stars I usually find post-rock horrendously boring, but I really enjoy this band and I'd probably say they are my favorite in the genre. It's gotta be the horns.

Most post-rock seems to be very slow and monotonous, but this band adds a new dynamic. It still sounds like post-rock, but is frequently sped up. The addition of horns also add a great standout element. The music occasionally seems cinematic, like walking through the park in autumn while a guy on a distant bench blows a trumpet at me.

"Pictures from Stanford" and "Snow Cushioned the Fall" drag the album down a little bit, being the monotonous post-rock that I mentioned earlier. I know minimalism is normally the game in the post-rock genre, but I don't really care too much for it myself. The rest of the album, however, is quite dynamic and fun.

Post-rock fans should enjoy this, or anyone a fan of the band Algernon will probably find something to like here. This, in my opinion, is higher quality post-rock, and is available for free on the internet. So, check it out if your interested; you might like what you hear.

colorofmoney91 | 3/5 |