Opeth - Still Life CD (album) cover

STILL LIFE

Opeth

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

The Crow
5 stars For me, this is the first Opeth's masterpiece, and one of their best albums without a doubt. Only "Deliverance/Damnation" surpasses it in my opinion...

The Dan Swäno's production is great, and the guitar's sound is killer!!! The riffs of Serenity Painted Death and White Cluster are amazing, for example. And here we can hear a clear improvement in the acoustic parts, in a more melodic and classic way, not as dark as in "Orchid" or "My Arms Your Hearse", much more in the vein of "Morningrise". For that, I think this album is the true continuation of the great "Morningrise", because I think that in "My Arms Your Hearse" they lost a little the good way... Face of Melinda seems almost a sequel of the song To Bid You Farewell for "Morningrise"!

Every song of "Still Life" is great, and I can't decide what are the best. Maybe The Moor, Godhead's Lament and Face Of Melinda are a little over the rest, but all the others are great too. Outstanding stuff...

The best album for Opeth's beginners IMHO!!!

The Crow | 5/5 |