Supertramp - Crisis? What Crisis? CD (album) cover

4 stars Even though CRISIS? WHAT CRISIS? is less "proggy" than CRIME OF THE CENTURY, I find myself listening to it with a greater frequency. There are some wonderful songs on this record- "Easy Does It", "Ain't Nobody But Me", "Soapbox Opera", "Another Man's Woman", "Lady", "The Meaning", and "The Two of Us" being the highlights (almost the whole album!). There is not a bad song here. This is high-powered prog-pop at it's finest, ranking up there with the best of Ambrosia and Styx. While the "prog" veil is thin, there is enough interesting stuff here to keep my attention. I can't justify a 5 star review, but 4 stars is easy. The only Supertramp that surpasses this effort is CRIME OF THE CENTURY, with EVEN IN THE QUIETEST MOMENTS right behind. This is a consistently great release. 4 stars.
mohaveman | 4/5 |