Jethro Tull - Stand Up CD (album) cover

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

Pietro Otello Romano
5 stars I bought Stand Up in the late 1977; it was one of my first purchaise in the prog rock's field, and after 30 years, I am still listening this album with a great pleasure.

Even if this album lack of the homogeneity of a concept album such as the subseguent and more mature works, "Aqualung" and "Thick as a Brick"; It number amoung its songs some very masterpieces.

My favourite song of this album is "We used to know", that, thanks to the magnificent guitar of Martin Barre, is one of my favourite prog song ever too.

Other remarkable tracks are:

"Reason for waiting" a song with a gorgeous arrangement able to generate an enveloping dreaming atmosphere, based on the remarkable work of the Ian Anderson's Flute and Voice.

"Bouree" a superb interpretation of a classical Bach's sonata.

"Into the sun" an atmospheric and vibrant ballada embellished by the (again) magnificent skills of Martin Barre.

Maybe it's not a real five star record, but I decided to add 1 star, in consideration of the early year release, and also for my prog memories...(sigh) I am a romantic...

Pietro Otello Romano | 5/5 |