Opeth - Damnation CD (album) cover

DAMNATION

Opeth

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Bob Greece
1 stars This album was a total disappointment for me. Opeth decided to put out 2 albums, with one heavy album and one lighter album. Deliverance was the heavy album and was in a similar style to Blackwater Park and almost as good. Upon hearing it, I thought "how could they put out a lighter album than this?" because it contains quite a few light moments. When I heard Damnation, I was shocked. It is an incredibly light album - so light that it doesn't fit into the prog metal category at all. It is painfully light! I gave my copy to a second hand shop because I couldn't bear to keep it.

If you are a prog lover who doesn't normally like prog metal then you might in fact like this album. I like many kinds of prog but I can't stand this album. If you're expecting prog metal from this album then you will be very disappointed.

Bob Greece | 1/5 |