Camel - Camel CD (album) cover

CAMEL

Camel

voliveira
3 stars CAMEL'S DEBUT ALBUM IS EXCELLENT, TO PAIR OF THEIR SUCCESSORS

I really think this album deserved a better ranking on the site here, because the sound it offers is the same as their successors, the masterpieces "Mirage " (best of all of the Camel), "The Snow Goose" and "Moonmadness ".

"Camel" is a good album, but not in all.I´m personally am not a fan of the voice of Latimer (except on "Moonmadness") and unfortunately, the flute is not yet present.The Bardens´ keyboards are also not good, except in "Never Let Go". Oh God ... this song is wonderful.Mellotrons are uplifting and divine.

In the version that I downloaded the album, still had the single version of "Never Let Go" and an epic song played live, "Homage to God of Light" (which contains an excellent section of heavy metal).

Overall, great album, but far from a masterpiece, a post I think it only belongs to "Mirage".3,5 stars.

voliveira | 3/5 |