Phrozenlight - Dragons of Pern CD (album) cover

DRAGONS OF PERN

Phrozenlight

Progressive Electronic

colorofmoney91
4 stars Dragons of Pern shows Phrozenlight still slowly progressing, getting slightly better with each release. This album isn't really much different from Creation in style, but Dragons of Pern is darker. There is definitely a spacier feel on this album, featuring dark emptiness and and metallic resonances that sound like magnetic waves from planets bouncing from asteroids. The thick, grey drones that lie behind each of these tracks are surprisingly effective compared to the last album. The main problem that I had with Creation and Moon were that the tracks were very long but didn't progress or evolve at all - that's changed here. These sonic hallways of mass blackness slowly progress through different shades of cosmic dark-matter. The whole album is much fuller in sound, and it really doesn't leave me wanting more at all.

This is a very good release from Phrozenlight, and I'm glad I stuck through the bad albums to get to this one. Fans of Peter M., Lumina Magica, or WMRI should definitely check out this album.

colorofmoney91 | 4/5 |