Bass Communion - Bass Communion (I) CD (album) cover

BASS COMMUNION (I)

Bass Communion

Progressive Electronic

colorofmoney91
4 stars Bass Communion (I) is a beautiful, experimental minimalist electronic album by the prolific Steven Wilson. I have no real care for the music of Porcupine Tree or any of Steven Wilson's other, more prominent projects, so I was hasty in deciding to listen to this album. I'm glad I did, because this album is hypnotizing in the most beautiful way.

The music on this album is very minimalist and largely ambient at its core, which is something that I usually tend to dislike, but Bass Communion (I) is a fantastic merging of the electronic and the organic elements that can be used to created music. Light ambient drones on the synthesizer intermingle with recorded authentic tribal-like drums and manipulated violin to create atmosphere that is incredibly earthy and comprehensible. The only parts of any of these tracks that noticeable progress would be the gradual swelling and fading of airy synths that establish the dream-like quality of this hypnotizing album.

Anyone a fan of Brian Eno's ambient albums should definitely give Bass Communion (I) a listen, but again, this album is much more engaging.

colorofmoney91 | 4/5 |