BASS COMMUNION (I)

- Steve Wilson / all instruments

Third Stone CD - STONE 036CD
Reissued in Dec 2001 on Hidden Art - HIART9

Thanks to Philippe Blache for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

BASS COMMUNION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BASS COMMUNION Bass Communion (I) Music

Imports 2010
Vinyl$11.54
Bass CommunionBass Communion
Imports 2014
Loss (CD w/DVD)Loss (CD w/DVD)
Soleilmoon 2006
Pacific CodexPacific Codex
Box set
Equation Records 2008
DVD Audio$187.90
Bass Communion BASS COMMUNION II + III (2CD set mini gatefold ) New tf127 US $36.98 Buy It Now 13h
BASS COMMUNION - CENOTAPH - DOUBLE LP - NEW US $54.79 Buy It Now 15h 13m
I.E.M IEM Arcadia Son RARE CD - Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree, Bass Communion US $41.50 [0 bids]
BASS COMMUNION V MUSLIMGAUZE EP on SOLEILMOON 2001 CD SEALED porcupine tree US $24.89 Buy It Now 17h 10m
BASS COMMUNION Loss 12" only 450 made!!! Porcupine Tree US $99.63 Buy It Now 17h 11m
Bass Communion - Molotov and Haze 2LP 180 Gr Vinyl NEW US $54.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Bass Communion "Untitled 4 CD Box Set" New and Very Limited Edition 2,000 Only!! US $84.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bass Communion "Loss" CD/DVD 5.1 Steven Wilson Porcupine Tree **Free Shipping** US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bass Communion "Loss" Rare 2disc set Sealed [Porcupine Tree Steven Wilson No-Man US $29.81 Buy It Now 2 days
Bass Communion "Molotov & Haze" Sealed [Steven Wilson, Porcupine Tree, No-Man] US $23.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Bass Communion "Ghosts On Magnetic Tape" 2cd Sealed Porcupine Tree Steven Wilson US $28.15 Buy It Now 2 days
BASS COMMUNION LOSS 2006 LP #431/450 AUTOGRAPHED Porcupine Tree Steven Wilson M- US $16.01 [7 bids]
Bass Communion -Ghosts On Magnetic Tape 2-CD MINT! / VERY RARE / Steven Wilson US $24.99 [0 bids]
Hidden Art Sampler CD... No Man, Tim Bowness, Bass Communion, Cipher... US $20.00 [0 bids]
trama afona - st, current 93 bass communion coil vond mortiis larva 108 ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
21 gramms - water membrane, death in june current 93 bass communion coil vond US $5.99 [0 bids]
larva 108 - 99.09 inside the stone, current 93 bass communion coil vond mortiis US $5.99 [0 bids]
dead letters spell out dead words - lost in reflections, bass communion coil US $5.99 [0 bids]
Bass Communion - Ghosts on Magnetic Tape - Digipak Double CD - Steven Wilson US $6.66 [5 bids]
Bass Communion "Bass Communion" CD Steven Wilson Porcupine Tree **Free Shipping* US $34.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Bass Communion "II/III" 2 CD's Nov-2008 Beta-Lactam Ring Records *Free Shipping* US $38.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Bass Communion "Ghosts On Magnetic Tape" 2 CD's Steven Wilson **Free Shipping** US $34.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Cenotaph by Bass Communion (Vinyl, Nov-2011, 2 Discs, ToneFloat) Steven Wilson US $69.95 Buy It Now 7 days
VARIOUS ARTISTS - Hidden Art Sampler CD - No-Man, Bass Communion, Cipher US $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
LOST TRAIL - UP TO THE SNOW LTD EDITION CD POPUL VUH BASS COMMUNION US $11.63 Buy It Now 8 days
Bass Communion LOSS CD and 5.1 DVD-A by Steven Wilson New gatefold sleeve US $25.60 Buy It Now 8 days
Bass Communion Ghosts On Magnetic Tape NEW 2 CD Steve Wilson Porcupine Tree US $32.45 Buy It Now 8 days
Bass Communion - Ghost On Magnetic Tape 180gm Double Vinyl LP New US $48.83 Buy It Now 9 days
Bass Communion - Molotov And Haze 180gm Double Vinyl LP New US $48.83 Buy It Now 9 days
Bass Communion - Cenotaph 180gm Vinyl LP New US $52.85 Buy It Now 9 days
Bass Communion - Bass Communion Ii 180gm Double Vinyl LP New US $48.83 Buy It Now 9 days
Bass Communion EU Limited Coloured Vinyl LP Sealed New Porcupine Tree No Man US $169.99 Buy It Now 9 days
STEVEN WILSON as BASS COMMUNION - Ghosts on Magnetic Tape 2x 180g LP MINT US $44.82 [0 bids]
BASS COMMUNION 2 CD 7 track reissue (hd003) uk headphone dust 2002 US $22.42 Buy It Now 11 days
BASS COMMUNION LOSS SOLV 11 #404 OF LIMITED 450 PORCUPINE TREE AMBIENT DEAD BOOK US $79.99 Buy It Now 12 days
PORCUPINE TREE-signify-RARE STEVEN WILSON/BASS COMMUNION/NURSE WITH WOUND-2xCD US $24.88 Buy It Now 12 days
BASS COMMUNION - CENOTAPH NEW CD US $30.80 Buy It Now 12 days
Bass Communion - Cenotaph [CD New] US $23.35 Buy It Now 13 days
BASS COMMUNION - CENOTAPH - NEW CD US $20.37 Buy It Now 13 days
Litany - Bass Communion New & Sealed 12 INCH VINYL SINGLE Free Shipping US $31.19 Buy It Now 13 days
Cenotaph - Bass Communion New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $28.96 Buy It Now 13 days
Bass Communion Ii - Communion Bass New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $20.16 Buy It Now 14 days
Bass Communion Molotov And Haze / Haze Shrapnel LP steven wilson porcupine tree US $120.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Bass Communion Ghosts On Magnetic Tape LP Vinyl steven wilson Porcupine tree US $150.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Bass Communion Fear Falls Burning NEW steven wilson porcupine tree 7" Vinyl LP US $50.00 Buy It Now 14 days
STEVEN WILSON - BASS COMMUNION 2 - NEW CD US $10.73 Buy It Now 17 days
BASS COMMUNION II BY BASS COMMUNION (CD) US $21.53 Buy It Now 18 days
BASS COMMUNION, STEVEN WILSON, CHIAROSCURO; RARE 2 TRACK CD US $59.99 Buy It Now 20 days
BASS COMMUNION - BASS COMMUNION II (IMPORT) NEW VINYL US $69.77 Buy It Now 20 days
Bass Communion - Bass Communion Ii [Vinyl New] US $54.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Bass Communion Ii - Bass Communion New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $56.54 Buy It Now 22 days
Bass Communion "Bass Communion II" 2002 Excellent Condition (Steven Wilson) US $13.27 Buy It Now 23 days
TIMAS 23 - FLAMES ON VENUS LIMITED EDITION CD LAST COPIES BASS COMMUNION US $6.64 Buy It Now 23 days
TIMAS 23 - NITIRAJ LIMITED EDITION CD BASS COMMUNION US $6.64 Buy It Now 23 days
Bass Communion - Cenotaph CD US $25.30 Buy It Now 24 days
BASS COMMUNION Untitled (4x Cd BOX SET & FUSILIER SPLIT 7") PORCUPINE TREE OOP!! US $150.00 Buy It Now 24 days
Bass Communion - Vol. 2-Bass Communion [CD New] US $13.71 Buy It Now 24 days
BASS COMMUNION - BASS COMMUNION 2 NEW CD US $23.14 Buy It Now 24 days
BASS COMMUNION Loss (CD + DVD-Audio disc) (Steven Wilson) US $17.00 Buy It Now 24 days
Bass Communion 2 by Steven Wilson (CD, Mar-2003, United States of Distribution) US $10.77 Buy It Now 25 days
BASS COMMUNION (4xCD Box Set) (Steven Wilson) US $68.00 Buy It Now 26 days
Bass Communion 2 & 3 - Bass Communion New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $47.70 Buy It Now 27 days
Bass Communion - Vol. 2-Bass Communion CD US $19.55 Buy It Now 27 days
Steven Wilson INSURGENTES [HQCD] Japanese Limited PORCUPINE TREE,BASS COMMUNION US $74.73 Buy It Now 28 days
Bass Communion Pacific Codex Steven Wilson Conrad Schnitzler Porcupine Tree US $200.00 Buy It Now 28 days
Bass Communion Ghosts on EU DBL Marble Vinyl LP Sealed New Porcupine Tree No Man US $119.99 Buy It Now 29 days
Bass Communion - Litany [Vinyl New] US $26.99 Buy It Now 29 days
Bass Communion - Bass Communion 2 & 3 [CD New] US $257.66 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy BASS COMMUNION music online Buy BASS COMMUNION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BASS COMMUNION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BASS COMMUNION Bass Communion (I) ratings distribution

BASS COMMUNION Bass Communion (I) reviews

Review by UMUR
1 stars Ok this provokes me to a degree were I get angry. How can you get away with releasing this kind of music ? Who would buy this kind of mindless noise ?

Well my respect for Steven Wilson just went down a bit. Now I might not like all his experiments in Porcupine Tree and I think some of them keeps the Porcupine Tree albums from being really great, but those experiments are nothing compared to this ambient noise.

This is only for people into really ambient music. There are no drums on the album, and it seems to me Steven Wilson has pushed the repeat button on his keyboard because nothing really happens during the way way waaaayyy too long songs. This is a torture I promise you. This is a school example of how some musicians use their fame to produce questionable output to make money. Or maybe Steven Wilson really likes this music ? How many Porcupine Tree fans have been lured into purchasing this repetitive trivial noise ? IŽll tell you how many. Many enough for Mr. Wilson to release 9 Bass Communion albums so far. Yes you read right! 9 albums.

This is by far the worst album I have reviewed since I started reviewing albums on the Prog Archieves site. Stay away and donŽt waste your time or money like I did this has absolutely nothing to do with Porcupine Tree or any other Steven Wilson related project.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#162811) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Review by colorofmoney91
4 stars Bass Communion (I) is a beautiful, experimental minimalist electronic album by the prolific Steven Wilson. I have no real care for the music of Porcupine Tree or any of Steven Wilson's other, more prominent projects, so I was hasty in deciding to listen to this album. I'm glad I did, because this album is hypnotizing in the most beautiful way.

The music on this album is very minimalist and largely ambient at its core, which is something that I usually tend to dislike, but Bass Communion (I) is a fantastic merging of the electronic and the organic elements that can be used to created music. Light ambient drones on the synthesizer intermingle with recorded authentic tribal-like drums and manipulated violin to create atmosphere that is incredibly earthy and comprehensible. The only parts of any of these tracks that noticeable progress would be the gradual swelling and fading of airy synths that establish the dream-like quality of this hypnotizing album.

Anyone a fan of Brian Eno's ambient albums should definitely give Bass Communion (I) a listen, but again, this album is much more engaging.

Send comments to colorofmoney91 (BETA) | Report this review (#441144) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 01, 2011

4 stars BASS COMMUNION is a side project of one Steven Wilson who I admit is a hero of mine. Heck he loves and grew up on the same kind of music that many of us here are fans of. His IEM project was inspired by Krautrock while BASS COMMUNION was inspired mostly by the electronics of Klaus Schulze and TANGERINE DREAM.Yes he listened to a lot of Krautrock and Electronics in his youth. Some might not know that the music that he plays here is the same music he was making long before PORCUPINE TREE or NO-MAN became his focus.This is all about soundscapes to drift away in, an escape from reality which is what most Electronic Prog is about. Steven said recently in an interview that BASS COMMUNION is "my labour of love, my biggest passion musically these days". So the object here according to Wilson is to use a sound that is either powerful or beautiful or spiritual then find a way to fill a whole space with it while trying to retain the beauty and power of the original sound throughout. This is about filling a room or your mind with this atmosphere so as to take you to a different reality a different place. By the way he has used sounds from both PORCUPINE TREE and NO-MAN songs on this project over the years.

"Shopping" is a short piece with distant sounding synths and static of some sort. "Drugged" is based an a Theo Travis sax melody that is repeated. Synths join in after 2 1/2 minutes and the mood becomes spacey and beautiful. Guitar echoes come in after 9 minutes. "Sleep Etc." opens with faint sounds that build. A dark track that is hard to describe really. It sounds like keys along with people walking on crunchy dry grass and atmosphere too.The atmosphere gets louder and slowly pulses. "Orphan Coal" opens with percussion-like sounds and a vocal sound that echoes in and out quickly. Other filtered sounds join the beat. The voice will continue to come and go.This is cool. A deep sound then joins in after 3 1/2 minutes.The beat and that deep sound stops after 7 1/2 minutes as it becomes spacey. "Drugged" is the 25 minute cloeser. Unlike the earlier version this one is about layering, processing and multi tracking the same sample of Robert Fripp over and over.This is beautiful and spacey throughout as it gets louder around 5 1/2 minutes then settles back around 20 minutes to the end.

This is music for Electronic-Prog fans just like IEM is for Krautrock lovers. Others should listen at their own risk.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#442107) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 02, 2011

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Without even realizing it at the time, Steven Wilson's debut `Bass Communion' album was my very first electronic album. I was right into my Porcupine Tree/Wilson love phase, eagerly snapping up anything the man put his name to, knowing that I would at least find something interesting with this release. Upon my initial listen almost 15 years ago, I had absolutely no idea what to make of it. I had never heard anything like it, and it barely even resembled music to my ears. It sounded like snippets of inane noise, throwaway scraps hurled together with no sense of direction. It took me some time before it all fell into place, at a very vulnerable time in my life where I seemed to suddenly relate to the cold, isolating and lonely introspection of the album.

Comprised of experimental short music samples, looped slight percussion, hypnotic drones and static, the pieces stretch into long, drifting and floating electronic soundscapes. Some reference points might be Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze, but where those artists frequently make you think of deep space and alien worlds, Wilson's work is far more personal and human. This worryingly makes the album much easier to relate to, even if that means confronting feelings and emotions you'd rather push aside or avoid altogether.

After `Shopping's brief introductory crackle of static, `Drugged' has cut up pieces of Theo Travis' sax blowing in the distance, tormenting and howling in it's sadness. It frequently sounds quite flat and tuneless, giving the piece an uneasy sound. Wilson's somber organ slowly enters and wraps around the piece, Theo's sax becomes more reflective and mournful. Both slowly unwind and drift along for several minutes, heightening the sense of solitude and loneliness. Eventually a slowly strummed guitar enters, backed with an icy veil of ghostly synths. This track is later reprised at the end of the album in a longer 25 minute haunting ambient piece more along the lines of the above mentioned Klaus Schulze and Tangerine Dream.

Cold glistening electronic fingerprints dance like raindrops around the spooky `Sleep, etc'. With it's unsettling mix of running water, thunderstorms, static and occasional harsh electronics, it makes your mind feel like it's moving in slow motion. Relentlessly predatory and threatening, definite horror movie soundtrack work here.

`Orphan Coal' has strangely wooden percussion, some seemingly comprised of voice samples, that blur into a hypnotic maze of maddening alarm-like loops, electronic washes that phase in and out, and brief heavy bass lines. Deeply fascinating and, although still uneasy, it's a little bit of a respite from the gloom of the rest of the album.

It's easy to understand the wildly varying opinions and reviews for this album. As much as it's made a huge impression on me over the years for it's emotion and depth, I also understand those who would find it inane, tedious and devoid of musical value altogether. I can listen to it one time and not connect with it at all, then the next be completely overwhelmed. It's the sort of album that guarantees you wont ever listen to it the same way twice.

The CD comes with five alternate covers, each with a very different abstract or surreal image associated with the five pieces on the album. I've always used the fourth one - `Orphan Coal', which has a photo of a deserted bridge and lonely city streets at night. This striking image perfectly captures the isolation and sadness of the album, and it compliments this emotional work for me perfectly.

A lonely, haunting and thoroughly immersive album I can relate to and connect with from time to time, sadly during my unhappier and lonelier moments. But it's albums like this that can make you truly feel human, that in moments of personal reflection force you to confront yourself. I hope more adventurous listeners might take the time to see how they respond to this powerful work.

Four stars.

Send comments to Aussie-Byrd-Brother (BETA) | Report this review (#844551) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 24, 2012

4 stars So it seems that this album is looked down upon by many, but I think it is a great album. I first saw this album (in iTunes) a little while after I got my first PT CD. I listened to the 30 second previews, and I didn't really know what to think of it. At the time most of the tracks just sound ... (read more)

Report this review (#203491) | Posted by Zwaken | Wednesday, February 18, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BASS COMMUNION "Bass Communion (I)"