Peter Gabriel - Up  CD (album) cover

UP

Peter Gabriel

BobVanguard
4 stars What can I say? Peter Gabriel is the man!

"Up" was his last full album (he contributed several tracks to "Big Blue Ball" (2008) and his latest album, "Scratch My Back" (2010) is a covers album).

At over 50 years of age, he shows the rest of his former bandmates in Genesis how it's still done. Only Gabriel and Steve Hackett have created cutting-edge Progressive Rock outside of their Genesis days.

Peter Gabriel is always "progressive" in that every track is inventive and pushes the boundaries (yet with the incredible knack of keeping us with him with an accessibility that is uncanny). How I wish he would have joined the rest of Genesis for the reunion tour in 2007!

BobVanguard | 4/5 |