Jon & Vangelis - The Best Of Jon & Vangelis  CD (album) cover

Jon & Vangelis

3 stars Having collected all albums of this collaborative work between Jon Anderson and Greek composer Vangelis in the format of cassettes, this compilation was my first "budgetary" project to upgrade all of them into CD format. Yep, it was a bold and strategic decision because this compilation enough to bring best memories accummulated since eighties with respect to Jon and Vangelis. (Of course I could not afford to buy LPs when I was a student - how could I man? I was just a poor student with great passion for music. Really great - that's why I collected all my prog music mostly in the format of cassette. Oh, BTW they are all still in a very good condition until now - 600 prog cassettes!).

Two songs really worth your monies: "I'll Find My Way Home" and "The Friends of Mr. Cairo". Both are excellently composed and delivered. You won't regret at all with this compilation CD. BTW, I purchased this at the time for USD 6.00 only. So cheap and ... memorable man! (this is the most important thing. I did not bother to spend USD 12, actually. But what can I say, the CD store offers me with 6? Value for money!).

Unfortunately this compilation is missing one important song and the best song from Jon and vangelis: "Horizon". But it's OK. If you never heard the music of Jon and Vangelis, just purchase this CD. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace will come - GW