Queensr˙che - Operation: Mindcrime CD (album) cover

OPERATION: MINDCRIME

Queensr˙che

frenchie
2 stars After hearing "Silent Lucidity" on MTV2 i was blown away buy that song and instantly got "Operation:Mindcrime" as it is recommended to be their best album. I was heavily disapointed when i listened though. This album doesn't have the passion of SL, it's a very cold sounding concept album, with very little metal influence in it. It is rather cheesy and all the sound effects in the album spoiled the music for me.

This is one album i will never really get into. There are too many filler tracks, IMO this album could have been shortened by about 20 minutes and sounded better. Perhaps I have misunderstood this album very much but this is a weak excuse for prog metal in my opinion, and an awkwardly flowing concept album.

frenchie | 2/5 |