Riverside - Out Of Myself CD (album) cover

OUT OF MYSELF

Riverside

frenchie
2 stars This album started off promisingly, with the brief sound of The Eagles on the radio. It sounded like the beginning of a great concept album or something. I was quite impressed by some of the playing on this album, especially the guitar work. Although after listening to a whole album of this it became boring very quickly. Riverside have both prog metal cliche style musicianship and a bit of this album that sounds fresh but both of these felt weak and boring. The album was a real drag to listen to and I didn't enjoy it as much as I would enjoy Dream Theater.

"Out of Myself" has some good ideas, themes and lyrics, plus a lot of talent, but it really doesn't hit the spot for me and comes across as just another prog metal release for me. I still see some potential in this band and will probably look out for any future releases, but this album is not so good.

frenchie | 2/5 |