Happy The Man - Beginnings CD (album) cover

Happy The Man

4 stars This was my first HTM album and I must admit that I needed to listen to it several times before I could really like it. There's a jazzy approach all through the record that I adore. The material offered in "Beginnings" covers HTM's first two years. The songs are very creative with constant changes. It reminds me of some bands from the Canterbury scene (including Camel) but with a darker flavour sometimes. "Beginning" is a fantastic record, very adventurous, that I recommend to any prog fan but specially to the ones who enjoy bands like Camel, Caravan, Hatfield And the North, Soft Machine and VDGG. A very original band and though this is not as good as "Crafty Hands" it's an excellent introduction to HTM.
DACE | 4/5 |