Mostly Autumn - Storms Over Still Water CD (album) cover

STORMS OVER STILL WATER

Mostly Autumn

Prog Folk

glade.pluggins
2 stars I have to agree with MAfan. I was one of the pre-subscribers who dutifully paid my £25 some four months ahead of recording to ensure that MA can prosper and continue to push the boundaries. The problem is, they haven't!!! The principle properties of MA, Bryan Josh's guitar riffs, Heather Findlay's angelic vocals, Angela's flutework and the subtle complexity of a Rock/Celtic fusion has gone.

Even the MA website used to accept praise and criticism in equal amounts but now seems to edit guestbook entries to prevent negativity. Whilst sycophants and fans of heavy rock may hail this album as brilliant, listen to "Catch the spirit" and you'll see what has been lost. All the hard work of the last seven years has disappeared into a huge void of "just another rock act".

Whether it is a result of Bryan's increasing egotism or the distillation of the band by the replacement of Jonathan Blackmore by a guy who learned to play drums by building sheds, MA have lost most of what they had. When I first heard them and still hear the earlier stuff, I think "wow". When I hear this album, I don't.

Don't think I'll be subscribing to the next project guys

| 2/5 |