Casual Silence - Vertical Horizon CD (album) cover

Casual Silence

4 stars In his fifth studio album the Dutch band CASUAL SILENCE, presents us a work, that it is not brought splendorous moments of virtuosity In their 9 tracks, it presents, however, a lot of inspiration and competence in the form how it develops and it "arranges" the several instrumental and vocal themes that form each music . The influences that I could notice, although in a discreet way, it comes majority of the Norwegian band MAGIC PIE and in smaller proportion , some influences of the German band INÉS. the album in itself presents a balance without the presence of great "picks" or weak moments. Based on guitar duets , that alter between rhythm and solo , acoustics and electric, a rhythmic section that it presents some moments of subtileness and others of aggressiveness (that approximates the sound of the band of the Prog-metal), a keyboard with neo and symphonic-prog nuances and the captivating vocal of Rob Laarhoven, the disk is extremely pleasant for fans of several styles of progressive music (heavy, neo & prog metal). I highlight among other the tracks 3 "Vertical Horizon", for the interesting duel keyboards / eletric guitar. Track 4 "Now You're Gone " where there is a passage that begins by 2 min 36 sec, that reminded me a lot of MAGIC PIE . the track 5 " My 5th Season " a stylized ballad and full of energy, and the track 8 "Dangerous Disguise" where the band reaches the best moment of technical development in whole the disk. My rate is 4 stars!!!
maryes | 4/5 |