VERTICAL HORIZON

Buy CASUAL SILENCE Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. The Other Side (6.23)
2. The Chance (7.18)
3. Vertical Horizon (7.24)
4. Now You're Gone (5.53)
5. My 5th Season (8.24)
6. Changing Lanes (7.10)
7. Stand Of Tears (5.24)
8. The Curtain Falls (7.28)
9. Dangerous Disguise (8.16)

Search CASUAL SILENCE Vertical Horizon lyrics

Eric Smits - bass
Mark van Dijk - guitar
Igor Koopmans - drums

selfreleased CD 2011

Thanks to b_olariu for the addition

CASUAL SILENCE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CASUAL SILENCE Vertical Horizon Music

Lost In LifeLost In Life
Rock Inc. Entertainment
Once In A Blue MoonOnce In A Blue Moon
Mark Anthony Productions

More places to buy CASUAL SILENCE music online Buy CASUAL SILENCE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CASUAL SILENCE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CASUAL SILENCE Vertical Horizon ratings distribution

CASUAL SILENCE Vertical Horizon reviews

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Casual Silence is back, and what an album they release this year, excellent. The band needed almost 4 years to come with a fresh new album , the previous one was from 2007, the album is entitled Vertical horizon and is one great album for sure. I have a soft spot for this band, after I've heared couple of years before 2 of their albums Once in ablue moon (still my fav CS album) and previous one Lost in life I was completly hooked on their music. This time is no diffrent, excellent new album, very strong musicians, great compositions, what else a realy great surprise, for me at least. This band needs to be more in front of the prog rock scene, but with sad thought I must say, that 2 days ago I've found that Casual Silence stops making new music after almost 20 years career, what a realy bad news was for me, damn. Why always great bands with excellent album must quit, but after all they know better then me what was the reson. So, what we have here, on this final album under the name of Casual Silence, who knowns maybe in the near future the musicians will gather under diffrent name, I hope, we have a very solid progressive rock album with all the ingredients to become one of the top of 2011, but I really doubt it , because I'm among the few who know this band, you can deduce from the numer of the ratings and reviews. The music offered is realy solid, excellent passages, very mature work, the musicians are very confident in their skils, lenghy pieces and above all some fine vocal lines. What is great aswell on this band and on this album specific is that Casula Silence has 3 vocalists, Ernst le Cocq who is also the guitar player, Eric Smits who is the bass player and main voice the brilliant Rob Laarhoven, why I mentioned this because all 3 voice are puted together in the title track , sounded very theatrical but so great, among the best pieces Casual Silence ever wrote, another highlight is the opening track The Other Side and last tune Dangerous Disguise. Lots of great guitar parts, hammong interluded like glove on hand with the rest of the musicians, very mature work who btw happened to be their swan song. I can't say this is their best album from their catalogue, in the entire career of almost 20 years they released only 4 studio albums, aan EP, a demo adn some acustical versions of known pieces from prog zone, not very musch, but in their case the quality is first not quantity, realy. What a great band and never got the attention they desaerve. Thsi album is for sure 4 stars for me, recommended. I still like better Once in ablue moon but this new album is second best for sure. Recommended as I said one of the best albums in last years and needed to be as on top as usch this year because they desearve.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#459156) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 11, 2011

4 stars In his fifth studio album the Dutch band CASUAL SILENCE, presents us a work, that it is not brought splendorous moments of virtuosity In their 9 tracks, it presents, however, a lot of inspiration and competence in the form how it develops and it "arranges" the several instrumental and voc ... (read more)

Report this review (#456972) | Posted by maryes | Saturday, June 04, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CASUAL SILENCE "Vertical Horizon"