Tomas Bodin - You Are (as Eggs & Dogs) CD (album) cover

YOU ARE (AS EGGS & DOGS)

Tomas Bodin

sussexbowler
3 stars Not so much a Prog album, more an easy listening experience with Prog elements. I liken it to a more eccentric form of 10cc, and having recently enjoyed 'Dr. Faith', by Christopher Cross, it fulfils the same role in many ways.

Ironically, when it 'goes' Prog, it's so noticeable (and pleasant, of course) and reaffirms why I like the flavour of Prog.

In addition to sharing similarities to 10cc, I found track 5 to be like Elvis Costello (not so good then), and the 21 minute last track to betray bits of Flower King music (not surprisingly), but ultimately end up with an Rogers Waters' 'Amused to death' ending! Yes, it's a mongrel this one!

I'm happiest when the keyboards come to the fore, but that's not the point of this album/project, is it? So, mainstream 70's/80's Pop/Rock, though sadly nothing too serious. Excellent production and performances throughout however.

sussexbowler | 3/5 |