David Gilmour - On An Island CD (album) cover

ON AN ISLAND

David Gilmour

voliveira
4 stars An album to relax ...

The third and no less impressive album of the best guitarist of all time.

I was really surprised by the quality above average "On an Island ", the third solo album by David Gilmour, my favorite guitarist.Although i have not heard their other albums ("David Gilmour" and "About Face "), I think the time must have matured this man, because that's what he does to people (or not).

The music is heavily influenced by Pink Floyd, but there are many emotions and blues here.Are peaceful, relaxed songs-the only exception is the frightening "Take a Breathe" , which seems to have come from "The Wall ".

Among 10 wonderful songs on this album found (are actually 9 because "Then I Close My Eyes" is somewhat boring), the best are the title track (with great vocal harmonies and excellent guitar solo), "The Blue "(with the best guitar solo of the album) " This Heaven " (which was the first track on the album and is fantastic) and the closer "Where we Start".

4 stars.Great!