Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick CD (album) cover

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

5 stars As a child my parents hated Jethro Tull, espeacially my mom. So most of my time as a child, I never listened to Jethro Tull, but once I started to "study" prog rock I kept seeing how important Thick as a Brick was to the genre. So I decided to listen to it. First thing, I was surprised to see how long it was, and that the album was pretty much made up of one song. I loved the song. From start to finish. I had no idea how great they were and how good of singer Ian Anderson was. Now I see why progarchives has this as being one of the best prog rock albums, it has everything that is great about prog, like long instrumental sections, concept album, great lyrics, complex music. Not that I think prog is only good if it has those things, because I don't, but still they are great parts of prog rock. This is my favorite Jethro Tull album and one of my favorite concept albums of all time.
FloydZappa | 5/5 |